shabby

Monday, October 4, 2010

Do I dare try...

I am going to attempt to follow a meal plan for this week in an effort to have a few good meals. I have made out my grocery list so I don't forget anything, and I am going to try a few new recipes and a tasty treat. Pictures will be taken of each meal to showcase my mad culinary skills (hahaha)
Here is the menu:
Monday: Hamburgers (nothing too exciting but something the hubby has been requesting for weeks)
Tuesday: Belgian Beef and Beer Stew. MMMMM. I have made this one other time, and it is the best stew recipe I have ever had. I will post the recipe with the photos.
Wednesday: Roasted Breast of Chicken with Pinot Noir Sauce with Roasted Butternut Squash Risotto with Sugared Walnuts. I am very excited about this day! I have not made either one these recipes, but found them this month in my Cooking Light magazine. I may have taken on a bit too much trying to do them both at the same time, but we're going to try it. If I am super motivated this may get switched with Tuesday's menu.
Thursday: probably PB&J for the little man and I as hubby will be at class. The special treat will probably make it's debut this evening though. I will for the first time attempt homemade caramel apples. I will not use pre-wrapped caramels, instead I will follow a recipe for my own. Pray for me ;) This will happen after little man is sound asleep and out of my hair.
Friday: I imagine this will be an evening of relaxing and left-overs. An evening spent with my wonderful boys.

Here's to a week of trying new things...

No comments:

Post a Comment